Our children are proud to attend Esher Church School and show a great sense of pride in wearing our smart school uniform. It is our policy that all children are expected to wear school uniform when attending school or when participating in a school-organised event outside normal school hours.
Our policy is based on the notion that a school uniform:
- enhances school pride, unity, and community spirit
- engenders a feeling of community and belonging;
- is practical and smart;
- identifies the children with the school when on educational trips and visits;
- school uniforms make getting ready for school easier, which can improve punctuality.
- is not distracting in class (as fashion clothes might be);
- makes children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance, reducing any peer pressure or bullying
- may improve attendance and punctuality
- is regarded as suitable, and good value for money, by most parents;
- has been designed with health and safety in mind
The school colours are grey, white and red. All items of school uniform should be clearly marked with the pupil’s name, including shoes and water bottles.
The uniform list is below. Items marked * have the school logo and are available at Price & Buckland, at https://www.pbuniform-online.co.uk/esherchurch