At Esher Church School, we have a parent committee (ECSA) which organises fundraising and events for the school. All parents/carers are members of the ECSA but the charity is managed by five trustees, themselves parents of children from different years at ECS.
In the academic year 2022-2023, with the generous support of parents/carers and the ECS community, ESCA funds stood at £42,000. Much of this has been used to purchase items such as Chromebooks for classes, books in support of a new phonics programme for infant years but most recently a sizeable portion of funds has gone towards the new school library which opened in May 2023.
Get in Touch
You can contact us through our email address firstname.lastname@example.org or follow us on social media including Facebook and Instagram.
To raise these levels of funding, we have a number of popular events that take place during the school calendar including the Kids triathlon in September, the Christmas Fair in December, a quiz night in the spring term, Summer Fair, Summer Ball, children’s discos and Summer Camp out all in the summer term.
Other events organised during the year by the ECSA might include:
- second hand uniform sales
- Friday cake sales and ad hoc charity cake sales
- Christmas holiday quiz sheet
- Smarties Challenge
- Activities Challenge
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Children’s portrait tea-towels
All ECSA events are included on the School Calendar.
The ECSA cannot organise these events to raise the vital funds that supplement the children’s learning without the support of our parents/carer community. Just as our children are encouraged to live by the values of the school and as a community, we encourage our parents to get involved and help us.
Ways to get involved:
- Volunteer to help with one of the many events in the ECSA calendar – be it organising the event as a team of friends or even if you can only give an hour of your time, there are lots of small tasks and jobs either pre event and on the day.
- If you’re selling your home – use Savills! Tell them you’re an ECS parent/carer and they will donate £1,000 to the school for every home sold.
- Recycle your ink cartridges – bins are located in the Eden building. For every donation we get money back.
- Use mynametags.com for your kid’s uniforms. 24% of every purchase goes to the ECSA. Use ID: 35162 at checkout.
- Corporate Matched Funding – a number of businesses will match funding raised by their employees for local charities. Please check your companies policy. The ECSA can help by providing any information needed to secure the funding.
- Get thinking about whether you have anything to offer as prizes or that you can donate as a prize for future raffles and auctions – e.g. a cut and blow dry if you are a hairdresser, a class if you are a yoga teacher… in recent years a holiday to Malaysia was donated as a raffle prize!
- Come along to ECSA meetings which happen once every term
ECSA documents including the Constitution under which we operate as a parent teacher association, the ECSA Finance Policy, Sustainability Policy, insurance details and previous meeting minutes and previous newsletters are all also stored on PTA Events under the ‘About Us’ tab. Important documents related to our charity status are however provided below:
- Insurance Document
- Finance Policy
- Sustainability Policy