School Business Manager
We have an exciting opportunity to join a successful Single Academy Trust at the heart of a thriving local community in Esher, Surrey.
Esher Church School promotes the highest standards for all our children, widening their horizons and raising their aspirations, embracing new technologies and initiatives to fully prepare the children for their future in an ever-changing world.
The School Business Manager role is a rewarding and valued role and contributes to the successful strategic management of the school. You will be joining an enthusiastic and highly motivated Senior Leadership Team, including an experienced Headteacher and Deputy Headteacher, and will be supported by a strong Board of Governors, all with an inspiring vision for the future of the school. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to play a significant role in the leadership and management of Esher Church School in an exciting educational landscape.
As School Business Manager you will be responsible for:
- Leading, and managing effectively, the finance, premises and administration teams
- Working closely with the Headteacher, staff and Governing Board as part of the Senior Leadership Team
- Advising the Headteacher on all financial, personnel, site and business matters
- Ensuring the most effective use of resources in supporting delivery of school objectives
- Supporting the highest ethical standards within the finance and administrative functions
- Assuming responsibility for oversight of Health and Safety management of the school
As a member of ECS staff, you will have regard to the Christian character of the school and a commitment to promoting the ethos and values of the school.
What you will need to succeed
- Strong experience in finance and or School Business Management – ideally qualified ACA / CIMA / ACCA or DSBM / ADSBM
- Excellent IT skills including being able to use different IT systems
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and ability to multi-task
- Proven ability to manage and lead a team
- Planning and decision-making skills
- Confidence to contribute ideas and solutions to Senior Leadership Team to enhance the school’s process of improvement
- Demonstrable skills in effective management of personnel, estates and school finances
- Ability to meet deadlines in high pressured situations whilst managing a diverse, demanding workload
- Excellent knowledge of life in a school
What you will receive in return
- A supportive working culture that focuses on positive learning behaviour and high expectations in children
- The opportunity to work in close, collaborative partnership with the Headteacher, Deputy Headteacher and the Senior Leadership Team.
- Support and encouragement for your continued professional development
- A team of staff recognised for its enthusiastic, friendly and rigorous approach to teaching and learning.
- Staff and children who thrive in a creative and hardworking atmosphere
- Family friendly working hours with a degree of working from home/flexible working
- Applicants who wish to work a 3 or 4 day week are welcome to apply
This is a great opportunity for an experienced School Business Manager or accountant interested in building a finance career in a school setting with a strong community spirit and a warm and welcoming environment.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged. Please contact the school office on 01372 463 139 to arrange a convenient date and time.
For more details of the post, please visit https://www.eteach.com/job/school-business-manager-1204770?lang=en-GB&frmsrh=Y.
Closing date: Monday 7th February 2022 at 12pm. Completed applications should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be available for interview on either Thursday 10th or Friday 11th February 2022.
Esher Church School is an equal opportunities employer and committed to the protection and safety of its students and therefore this post will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.